Fluffy pumpkin filled rolls coated in gooey sticky brown sugar goodness. Decadent and delicious, these pecan studded sticky buns are perfect on a cold morning along with a hot cup of coffee. These would make a great addition to your holiday brunch table.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups bread or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup non-dairy margarine
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- In large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast with the coconut milk; let stand until frothy, about 10 minutes. Mix in the pumpkin purée, margarine, sugar and vanilla. Add 4 cups of the flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Using a wooden spoon or dough hook, gradually mix the flour into the yeast mixture to form a soft dough. Turn out onto floured surface or using the mixer; knead until smooth, adding as much of the remaining flour as necessary to prevent sticking, about 5 minutes. The dough should be soft and slightly tacky. Place in a lightly oiled bowl; turn the dough to coat all over. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, 2 hours. If your house is cool, place in the oven with the oven light on.
- To make the filling, in a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin purée, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice; set aside.
- In saucepan, melt together the remaining butter and brown sugar. Add the coconut milk; simmer, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup of pecans. Set aside to let cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 16- x 12-inch (40 x 30 cm) rectangle. Spread with pumpkin filling and sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Starting at the long edge, tightly roll up; sealing when you get to the end, cut into 12 even pieces. Arrange, cut side down, over the pecan topping in dish. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled in bulk, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Once risen, bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden and tops sound almost hollow when tapped. Let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto a platter; scraping any remaining topping in dish over buns.
Source: The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado