I love corn! I also enjoy eating healthy & cooking quick & easy meals. I had just gone produce shopping when I decided to come up with this corn salad. Sweet corn and a mix of vegetables smothered in garlic, onion, cilantro, lemon and lime is all you need to make this corn salad. It’s the perfect summer recipe, quick and easy with lots of vegetables and herbs from the garden, grocery store or farmers’ market. The texture of all the veggies mixed together is a nice change from the typical garden salads. Enjoy!
- 4 organic ears corn or frozen corn or (last resort) canned sweet corn
- 1 cup organic fresh tomatoes (heirloom or regular garden variety would work, but I used the regular kind)
- 1 cup fresh organic cilantro
- 1/2 organic large cucumber (you can peel it or not. I peeled mine.)
- 1/2 organic green bell pepper (OPTIONAL. I left it out of the recipe)
- 1/2 medium organic shallot
- 1 organic lemon or lemon juice
- 1 organic lime or lime juice
- 4 cloves organic garlic
- 1/2 medium organic serrano or jalapeño pepper
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 Min
- Hold the corn cob upright in a mixing bowl, cut the corn kernels off the cob in a downward motion. Otherwise add thawed out frozen corn or canned corn.
- Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers, mince the garlic, shallot, and cilantro then throw it all to the mixing bowl.
- Add the juice of a lemon and lime.
- Mix everything together.
You can refrigerate this dish for up to a week. It tastes better after refrigeration as opposed to just eating it right away after you make it. You will end up with a lot of juice. I just drink it, but you could also use it as a marinade or pour it over rice or quinoa.
Wow really love your post, maybe checkout our swimwear blog we cover all there is to know about girls swimwear
Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one
and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support is very
Thhis is a topijc tat iis nearr tto mmy heart…
Maany thanks! Exzctly here aare your coontact ddetails though?
I wiol rihht awqy sseize our rsss as I cann noot fund youur
emaiol subscripion hyperllink or e-newsletter service. Do yyou haave
any? Kindly permit mme reaize so that I could subscribe.
Thanks. I reallpy llve you blog.. Pleasant
coloprs & theme. Diid yoou crteate thi amaazing sitee yourself?
Plewase reply baack ass I’m tying tto create mmy very oown websire andd would
lpve tto learn where youu gott tthis from oor what tthe therme iis named.
Thank you! http://foxnews.org
Good post.Never knew this, regards for letting me know.
Thank youu forr tthe auspiciouus writeup. It in fact waas a amusement accopunt it.
Look advanced too moee addwd agreeable rom you! However, howw cann wee communicate?
Ahaa, iits pleawsant conversation on thhe tooic off this post att this placce at thhis webpage, I habe
red aall that, so att his time mee als commenbting here.
I’ll rigbht away grawsp yoyr rsss feed aas I can’t to finbd youjr emkail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you’ve any? Kinly aallow me ecognise inn order that I could subscribe.Thanks.
Hi, i read you bblog ffrom ttime tto timne aand i oown a similar onee annd
i wwas juzt wondering iif yyou gget a lot oof spawm remarks?
If sso hoow do yoou stop it, anny plugin orr anythingg yyou cann recommend?
I gett soo mch latelyy it’s drivfing me insan so anyy support
is very much appreciated. I’ve bbeen browsijg onlne more thasn thrse
hours today, yeet I nerver found aany inmteresting articl lije yours.
It iss prerty worth enough forr me. In mmy opinion, iif alll webaite owhers and blloggers mae gokod clntent
aas yyou did, tthe weeb woll bbe a lot more usefuul than evwr before.
I could nott resist commenting. Verry welkl written! http://www.cspan.net