I love corn! I also enjoy eating healthy & cooking quick & easy meals. I had just gone produce shopping when I decided to come up with this corn salad. Sweet corn and a mix of vegetables smothered in garlic, onion, cilantro, lemon and lime is all you need to make this corn salad. It’s the perfect summer recipe, quick and easy with lots of vegetables and herbs from the garden, grocery store or farmers’ market. The texture of all the veggies mixed together is a nice change from the typical garden salads. Enjoy!
- 4 organic ears corn or frozen corn or (last resort) canned sweet corn
- 1 cup organic fresh tomatoes (heirloom or regular garden variety would work, but I used the regular kind)
- 1 cup fresh organic cilantro
- 1/2 organic large cucumber (you can peel it or not. I peeled mine.)
- 1/2 organic green bell pepper (OPTIONAL. I left it out of the recipe)
- 1/2 medium organic shallot
- 1 organic lemon or lemon juice
- 1 organic lime or lime juice
- 4 cloves organic garlic
- 1/2 medium organic serrano or jalapeño pepper
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 Min
- Hold the corn cob upright in a mixing bowl, cut the corn kernels off the cob in a downward motion. Otherwise add thawed out frozen corn or canned corn.
- Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers, mince the garlic, shallot, and cilantro then throw it all to the mixing bowl.
- Add the juice of a lemon and lime.
- Mix everything together.
You can refrigerate this dish for up to a week. It tastes better after refrigeration as opposed to just eating it right away after you make it. You will end up with a lot of juice. I just drink it, but you could also use it as a marinade or pour it over rice or quinoa.