It may be that random acts of kindness are new to you, so you may have no idea how to begin. That’s all right. It can be difficult to develop ideas. That’s why today’s blog post is packed with things you can do to make another person’s day a little brighter. Some of the activities will cost you nothing and will only take a moment of your time. Others will be more detailed. Choose what suits your comfort and the occasion. Enjoy these examples of random friendly actions to inspire you.
- Keep the door open for the person behind you who has their hands full.
- Let the shopper in the shopping line in front of you walk ahead of you when you have few items and their shopping cart is full.
- Look out for an elderly neighbor or a lonely person.
- Donate your old clothes to charity.
- Tape change to a parking meter or vending machine.
- Guide a new employee through your work area or offer to meet him or her for lunch.
- Volunteer. In a nursing home, a homeless shelter, a soup kitchen, your child’s school, anywhere.
- Adopt a child or a family during the holidays to give them presents.
- Send someone a recovery card, or even a card for no reason.
- Instead of birthday gifts, ask for donations to your favorite charity.
- Smile at someone on the street.
- Pay an unsolicited compliment.
- Pay for the person standing behind you in the queue at a fast-food restaurant or in the drive-through.
- Let the manager of the shop know if an employee offers you exceptional service.
- Leave friendly notes in the dressing room to encourage positive self-image.
- Offer to babysit for parents who really need time off, or help with the nightly feedings for a new mother-friend.
- Clean up the garbage in your neighborhood or at your favorite outdoor spot, such as a park or beach.
- Visit a nursing home just to spend time with those who rarely receive visitors or to bring treats to the residents.
- Thank someone who has made a big difference in your life.
- Pay for someone’s layaway who hasn’t made a payment in a long time.
- Collect donations by participating in a 5K, walk or other sponsored activity.
- Shovel the driveway for older neighbors or for those who might otherwise have difficulty getting the job done themselves. Mowing the lawn and raking leaves are also good ideas.
- Take care of a young person who is starting out in your job.
- Help someone who is stranded on the side of the road.
- Take the time to listen to someone who is having a bad day.
Hopefully this short list will inspire you to share random acts of kindness with those around you. Pick one from the list or come up with something of your own, then just do it. See how you feel. Chances are you’ll be ready to do another one tomorrow!
What random act of kindness made your day today? Tell me below in the comments!
If you’d like a copy of this eBook, just sign up below, and after you confirm your email (check your inbox), you’ll receive it in your inbox:Join my email list
By clicking submit, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
Inside You’ll Find:
100 inspirational quotes
120 practical ways to boost your beauty, skincare & wellness routines
A 30-day Beauty Challenge
A 30-day Skincare Challenge
A 30-day Fitness Challenge
A 30-day Journaling Challenge
2020 Goals & Yearly Planner
Quarterly Goals Trackers
Quarterly Workout Planners
Monthly Self Care Planners
Monthly Self Love Affirmations
Monthly Notes Pages
Weekly Beauty Ritual Trackers