**This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you!**
Hair health starts with good hair and scalp care. Regardless of hair type, cut or texture, your personal style comes into its own when your hair is healthy and strong. Taking care of your hair and scalp prevents damage, adds shine, and helps keep your hair and scalp from drying out. All you need to do is choose the best non-damaging hair and scalp products that moisturize and detox.
Scalp health is often forgotten until relentless dandruff, irritation and dull, brittle strands make themselves known. At that point, you may desperately reach for a quick fix with less-than-natural ingredients. Not only do these chemical treatments tend to overcorrect, but they also lack the nourishment necessary for real change, leading to relapse or worsening of symptoms. The good news is that you can avoid the frustration by being proactive and finally giving your scalp some much-needed love. Zion Health offers a scalp detox and a scalp and hair scrub that will clear and perfectly prepare your scalp to fully absorb the revitalizing effects of their scalp nourishing serum.
Just like exfoliation is important for the skin, it’s important for the scalp to be healthy. That’s why once a week, I like to gently scrub my scalp with Zion Health Deep Cleansing Scalp & Hair Scrub Vanilla Coconut with Mangosteen Powder. It smells relaxing and feels great on my scalp, leaving my scalp and hair feeling refreshed! It’s not harsh on the scalp at all and rinses out very easily!
It’s important to feed your scalp antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. That’s why this scrub is so helpful for scalp care. It’s packed with • 100% Vegan • Sulfate-Free • Paraben Free • Gluten-Free Ingredients including:
• Mangosteen Powder is extracted from a tropical fruit that is considered a healing, antioxidant-rich superfood. Its phytochemicals, called xanthones, fight bacteria, fungi, and other harmful toxins. Studies have demonstrated its therapeutic effects on cancer cells and inflamed skin conditions such as eczema. Its reparative and astringent properties produce an anti-aging effect. They provide clear skin and maintain the elasticity of the hair.
• Sea Salt contains important minerals to improve pH and promote hair growth. It exfoliates and cleanses, helping to remove dead skin cells, reduce dandruff, decongest hair follicles and promote blood circulation. This process allows the skin to better absorb moisture and becomes the ideal foundation for new, healthy hair.
• Coconut oil can nourish, strengthen and protect with its variety of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. It helps prevent protein loss and maintain proper cellular function. Your cells can continue to support, balance and repair as they should. As an antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial agent, it cleanses and helps prevent infections. Its antioxidant properties provide protection against environmental damage.
• Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, is necessary for healthy, full hair. Supplementation is important to avoid deficiency. Low biotin levels can lead to brittle hair, hair loss, and skin rashes.
• Argan Oil contains antioxidant vitamins and fatty acids that penetrate the hair follicles and protect them from damage. This non-greasy, balancing oil tames and defines the hair structure. Its anti-inflammatory nutrients heal dry, irritated skin, preventing the associated hair loss.
• Vitamin E moisturizes and conditions to prevent hair breakage and correct hair dullness. This antioxidant fights free radicals, which are known to drastically affect the health and structure of skin and hair.
• Panthenol is a form of vitamin B5. It moisturizes, moisturizes, and stimulates cell regeneration. These properties make it a high-quality detangler that gives shine and slows hair thinning.
• Aloe is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and proteolytic enzymes. It can relieve inflammation, itching, and rough patches, making it an excellent solution for common scalp conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis. The enzymes act as exfoliants that improve circulation and stimulate renewal.
• Sweet Almond Oil is an emollient that softens the skin and locks in moisture. This hypoallergenic oil is easily absorbed and has an anti-inflammatory and healing effect on sensitive skin. Studies have shown that it can reduce damage from UV radiation.
• Ionic Minerals from Calcium Montmorillonite Clay (more than 57 trace elements) gently exfoliate and heal, absorbing toxins and excess oil. They are able to cleanse the hair and remove product buildup without depriving it of its necessary oils and nutrients.
It’s also important to cleanse the scalp and hair to keep it looking and feeling it’sbest. That’s why on the other days of the week, I use my Zion Health Pink Grapefruit Ancient Clay Shampoo Bar. It smells invigorating, lathers up nicely, and has no plastic waste. It seemed a little strange at first to use shampoo in a bar form, but I found that it didn’t dry out my scalp or hair, but rather left them both feeling clean and moisturized!
It’s packed with some incredibly simple, chemical-free ingredients:
- Pink grapefruit contains protective antioxidants such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and flavonoids. Its acidic nature helps eliminate buildup, excess oil, and dandruff-causing bacteria and fungi. By clarifying and stimulating circulation, it promotes shine and healthy hair growth. Grapefruit extract seals the hair cuticle, helping to detangle hair more easily and reduce frizz. Its aroma alone is said to improve mood and mental clarity.
- Coconut oil nourishes, moisturizes, and protects with its numerous vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids. It helps prevent protein loss and maintains proper cellular function to keep hair looking and feeling its best. In addition, coconut oil has antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial cleansing properties.
- Shea butter is an emollient that doubles as a conditioner, locking in protective moisture and oils to soothe scalp irritation, reduce frizz and dryness, and enhance shine. Not only does it absorb effortlessly, but it also leaves a non-greasy protective layer against heat and UV damage. Fatty acids and antioxidant vitamins support cell renewal and overall healing by helping to correct the body’s inflammatory response and activate regulatory cytokines to fight irritation and prevent infection.
- Ionic clay minerals (including more than 57 trace minerals) are delivered by the presence of volcanic clay (bentonite) formed by mixing aged volcanic ash and water. They gently exfoliate while removing toxins and excess oil. They have the ability to cleanse the skin and dissolve product buildup while moisturizing and conditioning. This non-stripping process preserves and enhances valuable nutrients, moisture, and the protective skin barrier. By promoting balance and healing of the hair and scalp, it helps restore shine, softness, and definition.
- Cocoa butter nourishes and conditions with its collection of antioxidants, including vitamin A, vitamin E, and fatty acids. These components help reduce scalp irritation, improve softness and shine, support healthy hair growth and protect against environmental stress.
- Vitamin B provides more suppleness and facilitates detangling. It moisturizes and strengthens hair by distributing oxygen and nutrients for shiny, healthy hair.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant with an anti-aging effect that stimulates collagen production and protects against oxidative stress.
- Vitamin E provides your hair and scalp with antioxidants and intense moisture. It helps neutralize free radicals and improve blood circulation, promoting healthy hair growth and new shine.
- Oatmeal cleanses your hair and scalp of excess oil and buildup. It is a valuable source of vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids, zinc, and saponins. With its anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and nourishing properties, it relieves itching and dryness and improves hair elasticity to prevent breakage and thinning.
You won’t find any unnecessary, unknown ingredients in Zion Health Products. Their Scalp Nutrition Serum – Intense Scalp Revitalizer is based solely on natural, easily absorbed emollients, clay minerals, and antioxidant-rich essential oils. Unlike many other scalp treatments that focus on a single ingredient, their formula addresses multiple problematic hair and scalp issues at the source by restoring moisture, nutrients, and balance. In particular, the included ceramides and omega fatty acids are important for rebuilding and maintaining a healthy skin barrier. The added boost to circulation and renewal allows for rapid repair, healthy hair growth, and lasting protection from daily stressors. This serum can be used as a remedy as well as a preventative; after all, there is never a wrong time to experience comfort and rejuvenation.
Ingredients & Their Benefits:
• Hemp Seed Oil offers great relief by aiding the circulation of oxygen and nutrients, reducing inflammation, and preventing water loss. The combination of fatty acids, ceramides, proteins, minerals, and antioxidants repairs and fortifies the scalp and hair follicles. Its moisturizing and oil-regulating abilities help create the ideal environment for boosting hair growth.
• Olive Oil is overflowing with fatty acids, vitamins, and other antioxidant sources. This emollient produces soothing effects, such as helping reduce dryness, irritation, and inflammation. Through sealing in moisture and improving elasticity, it protects the scalp and hair against oxidative damage and inhibits associated breakage and frizz.
• Argan Oil absorbs quickly and deeply moisturizes without congesting skin. It is filled with antioxidant-rich vitamins, polyphenols, fatty acids, plant sterols, and carotenoids. These components offer protection against environmental damage and everyday processes, preserving total scalp and hair health. Combined with antioxidants, the anti-inflammatory ingredients heal dry and compromised skin. Through the upkeep of collagen, elasticity, and hydration, argan oil can help avoid further breakage and hair loss.
• Apricot Seed Oil is an emollient that absorbs effortlessly without leaving behind any residue. As a potent source of omega fatty acids and vitamins A & E, it nourishes and strengthens to ensure balance, suppleness, and protection. Hydrating, increasing circulation, and rectifying inflammation, it alleviates dryness and dandruff and facilitates overall healing and healthy hair growth.
• Jojoba Oil greatly resembles the natural sebum created by the body. It provides non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic cleansing and moisturizing. Several vitamins, minerals, ceramides, and antioxidants support balance and rebuilding to help remedy and prevent irritating scalp conditions, dandruff, and weak hair follicles.
• Castor Oil contains vitamin E, fatty acids, and other antioxidants, which help to hydrate and seal in protective moisture. The generous amount of ricinoleic acid aids circulation to reduce inflammation and helps prevent excess microbial growth.
• Rosehip Seed Oil is bursting with fatty acids and antioxidant vitamins that help with tissue, collagen, and cell regeneration. Restoring balance and moisture, it helps to reduce inflammation and sensitivity and preserve epidermal resiliency.
• Thyme Essential Oil possesses potent healing qualities due to the presence of bioflavonoids, minerals, and vitamins A & C. As an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, it may help remedy oiliness, dandruff, and irritation. Antioxidants protect against damaging free radicals. These qualities justify its use in oil blends designed for reducing hair loss.
• Rosemary Essential Oil encourages healthy circulation to effectively deliver its included antioxidants and heal tissue. It moisturizes, reduces inflammation, and regulates oil production to ensure that the scalp is primed for healthy hair growth. It has been used as a natural alternative for treating some forms of androgenetic alopecia.
• Oregano Essential Oil boasts antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic abilities due to the inclusion of carvacrol, thymol, rosmarinic acid, and other antioxidants. It clarifies skin, increases collagen production, and offers protection to support proper, uninterrupted healing.
• Carrot Seed Oil contains beta-carotene and vitamins A & E. These components provide extra conditioning and circulation stimulation to repair, protect, and enhance scalp and hair texture.
• Peppermint Essential Oil produces a cooling, relaxing sensation while boosting circulation and stimulation overall.
• Ionic Clay Minerals (Including more than 57 trace minerals) help soak up toxins and excess oil and dissolve product buildup without stripping hair of its vital nutrients and moisture. They support balance and healing.
After detoxing with Deep Cleansing Scalp & Hair Scrub, towel dry the scalp and hair. Distribute 3-5 drops (or as needed) of serum at the very roots of hair and massage directly into the scalp. Scalp massages promote blood flow to the scalp and help distribute the natural oils. This helps to give the hair more shine, strength, and smoothness. Be sure to massage into the entire scalp area. Complete drying your hair and style as usual. I found that using this scalp serum has really left my scalp feeling refreshed, not itchy, and my hair doesn’t get as oily as it tends to usually get. My hair is easy to manage and looks healthy!
Hair and scalp care involves many elements. You need to choose the right products. You also need to choose the perfect brushes and tools for your needs. An additional scalp massage will also help improve hair health. When all of these factors come together, your hair will be strong, healthy, and properly cared for!