I love pasta, especially angel hair. Here’s a recipe I came up with in honor of Meatless Monday. My non vegan friends also like it and didn’t even miss the fact that it was meatless! Try it out and let me know what you think! It’s super easy to make and is delicious and healthy. It takes about 40 minutes to prepare and makes about 6 servings of approximately 414 calories each.
- 2 cups fresh diced organic tomatoes (garden variety or beefsteak)
- 1 small organic white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed organic garlic
- 6 leaves fresh organic basil, torn
- 10 leaves of fresh organic baby spinach (or more if you prefer)
- 10 ounces of your choice of pasta (I used angel hair)
- 3 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled vegan feta cheese (optional. I left it out)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep 30 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Ready In 40 minutes
- Mix the onion, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, spinach and basil together in a glass bowl.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook your pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite (or to your desired consistency), about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Toss warm pasta with vegan cheese in another large bowl. Stir tomato mixture into pasta and season with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you prefer, like oregano, cayenne pepper, etc).
- Serve and enjoy!!
You might also like these other recipes: